Summer is just around the corner, and we're building our team for the 2019 season! This summer seasonal position will assist with general maintenance and upkeep of the parks and recreation facilities of the City of Brandon along with other publicly maintained grounds, sidewalks and facilities.
- Maintain parks and park buildings, including playground equipment, ball fields, tennis courts, soccer courts, picnic areas, park roads, shelter facilities, public areas, city right-of-way areas, welcome signs and landscaping, etc.
- Operate various park equipment and machinery: trucks, tractors, mowers, sprayers, painters, irrigation systems, swimming pool mechanical equipment, etc.
- Cultivate, transplant, trim, spray, fertilize, prune, plant and water trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns in parks and on other City property
- Pick up and dispose of refuse; perform general custodial duties
- Set up and/or move picnic tables and benches for large crowds or concerts
- Mark ball fields and soccer fields when necessary; assist public when requested
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver license and good driving record
Must be able to perform the following:
- Work inside and outside, under varying weather conditions
- Lift/move up to 75 pounds
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
- Perform strenuous physical labor under adverse conditions
- Operate mowers, weed-trimmers, etc.
Hours of work are typically Mon-Fri 8-4:40 pm plus overtime on Friday and Saturday evening setting up for ball tournaments as needed.